Energy Panel Structures was established in 1981 as a wholly owned subsidiary of the MacArthur Company
of St. Paul, MN. MacArthur Company
, was established in 1913 as a small manufacturer of pipe insulation and is a private firm with a 4A1 Dun & Bradstreet rating. They are now the number one choice for virtually all insulations and accessories from pipes to HVAC to roofing products with 20 warehouses throughout the western United States.
Energy Panel Structures was started in Albert Lea, MN. After three expansions the company moved in 1988 to Graettinger, IA to a new 40,000 square foot plant designed specifically for the manufacture of insulated panels. Since the move to Graettinger, EPS has expanded three times, adding 3,000 square feet for a door manufacturing facility and another 7,000 square feet to increase the finished goods storage capacity. Our latest expansion of 30,000 square feet to our main manufacturing space brings the total facility to 110,000 square feet on an 8-acre tract.
In 2010, EPS purchased a manufacturing facility in Perryville, Missouri. Along with the manufacturing capability, this location boasts additional engineering and sales support for EPS and its dealers.
The EPS family expanded again in 2013 with the purchase of a manufacturing facility located in Clyde, New York. This location specializes in supply post-frame and structural insulated panel buildings to customers located in the east coast.
EPS is 100% Employee Owned and 100% Quality Committed
EPS originally began to manufacture insulated wall panels for the agricultural market. Since that time, EPS has diversified into the commercial/industrial markets.
- Structural insulated panel (Solid Core) buildings feature foam core wall panels and wood truss systems for small and medium size agricultural, commercial and industrial buildings
- Post frame packages for commercial and agricultural use
- Commercial industrial building packages and panelized products
- Complete dairy facilities
- Equestrian arenas and complete stable packages
- Steel frame building packages can utilize Energy-Lok steel faced EPS foam core panels
- Insulated panels for both new construction and retrofit projects
- Cold storage panel systems and walk-in freezers
- Small exterior cooler and freezer building packages
- New homes for single- and multi-family living